MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR TALENTS AND OPPOURTUNITES
You are most likely to succeed in life if you use your talents to their fullest extent. Being aware of your STRENGTHS, WEAKNESS, OPPOURTUNITIES, THREATS are keys to succeed in today's job market. Addressing your SWOT will allow you to identify where you are currently and were you would like to be in the future. It can help you uncover opportunities that you would not otherwise have spotted. And by understanding your weaknesses, you can manage and eliminate threats that might otherwise hurt your ability to move forward.
- What advantages do you have that others don't have (for example, skills, certifications, education, or connections)?
- What do you do better than anyone else?
- What personal resources can you access education and experience?
- What do other people see as your strengths?
- Which of your achievements are you most proud of?
- What are my personal and education weaknesses?
- What tasks do you usually avoid because you don't feel confident doing them?
- What will the people around you see as your weaknesses?
- What are your negatives on the job?
- What new technology can help you?
- Is your industry growing? If so, how can you take advantage of the current market?
- Do you have a network of strategic contacts to help you, or offer good advice?
- What trends (management or otherwise) do you see in your company, and how can you take advantage of them?
- Are any of your competitors failing to do something important? If so, can you take advantage of their mistakes?
- What obstacles do you currently face at work?
- Are any of your colleagues competing with you for projects or roles?
- Is your job (or the demand for the things you do) changing?
- Does changing technology threaten your position?
- Could any of your weaknesses lead to threats?