Our client is a global sourcing company and they are looking for a Director of Sourcing for their hardgoods team, looking after all kind of hardgoods including electrical, kitchenware, tabletop, toys etc. This person will be reporting to the president with a team of 10+ staff.
We are now seeking for DIRECTOR OF SOURCING (HARDLINE)
- Well organization skills of dealing with complex product categories, manage high sku and multi-countries production base.
- Develop product and vendor strategies to drive for continue business growth.
- Work with the Sourcing Managers to evaluate the performance of factories and assess the business risk that support clients' business needs.
- Supervise and guide a team of merchandisers and coordinate with cross functional teams to achieve excellent KPI to meet client's expectation.
- Strong and in-depth negotiation skills to drive cost saving and costing margin for clients' continue business growth.
- Full ownership of the whole supply chain from factory sourcing, development till shipment with in-depth technical knowledge, proactive on problem precaution & strong decision maker.
- Manage the team to ensure they are up to the company standard
- Motivate the team by sharing knowledge and expertise, ensuring attention to detail and seeking continuous improvements
- Develop a close relationship with existing suppliers and develop new suppliers through personal connections, trade fairs and sourcing trips
- Product, payment and business term negotiations with suppliers.
To succeed in this key role, you will have at least 15 years experience in sourcing with at least 6 years in managerial capacity.
- Tertiary educated
- Self-motivated and have strong sense of responsibility.
- Strong people and process management skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Independent and excellent time management in meeting deadline.
- Strong communication skills and fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Experience in handling relevant categories
- Experience working in European market is a MUST
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.