My client is at an exciting business providing new product offerings from within a single application. Currently in search for a strong technical lead who cares passionately about quality and security. Responsible for shipping our app to customers at a high frequency and ensuring our customers have a world class experience. You'll be empowered to use the latest tools and technologies and define processes to enable your team to function efficiently.
We are now seeking for an APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - WINDOWS.
About the Windows Core Team
We provide the scaffolding and release vehicles into which multiple product units contribute to create a super-app of privacy and security services for Windows.
- Build the foundations of the Windows app into which other product units then contribute to multiple functionalities
- Define code architecture, including guardrails to enable multiple teams to contribute safely.
- Configure and manage our build systems.
- Operate our test pipelines.
- Pick test frameworks and guide other teams on using them well.
- Build test-cases that span multiple product units, such as battery, performance, stability.
- Coordinate releases to customers, typically once every two weeks.
- Oversee open source licensing.
- Coordinate technical documentation.
- Provide apps developer time and expertise on Windows as a service for other teams.
- Are accountable for:
- Quality: especially performance, stability, battery-life
- Velocity: ultimately measured by how quickly we can deliver value to customers
- Meeting SLAs for the build and CI systems
- Satisfaction of other engineers with their ability to contribute to each app
- Build a world class, modern and responsive Windows application.
- Define best in class architecture for the application and set the quality bar which all code must meet
- Ensure your application can be shipped to customers every week
- Ensure your code has excellent test coverage with a strong affinity for automated testing
- Ensure your software meets a high security bar - never ship P1/P2 security bugs
- Provide Windows consultancy and development services to other teams in the business
- Ensure projects have well defined requirements, technical designs, threat models and test plans
- Own your team's SDL processes and ensure processes are simple and efficient
- Hire for your team and ensure it has the skills and capacity to meet the business's needs. Upon joining, you will take on line management responsibility for several Windows developers, and you will start hiring for more.
- Define roles and expectations, train your team and hold them accountable in meeting the highest standards
- Proven track record as a people manager of 3 or above. You are experienced in:
- holding your team accountable;
- leading skills development and career plans;
- providing continual feedback to your team members, motivating them and coaching them;
- defining hiring plans, leading interview loops and making hiring decisions.
- Expert C# and WPF developer
- Solid understanding of Windows programming and Win32 APIs
- Must have developed and shipped several high quality apps for Windows
- Capable of writing robust multi-threaded code
- Expert in writing automated tests
- Passion for writing well-architected, readable code and maintainable code
- Experienced with project management software like Jira and processes like Scrum or Kanban
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, great problem solver, hunger for learning and positive disposition.
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience in building consumer app and UWP would be an advantage
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.