- Responsible for ensuring delivery to the Insurer of the following in accordance with Group policy and local regulatory requirements
- Claims and premium reserves
- Local capital requirement
- Solvency II technical provisions reporting to Head office
- Underwriting and pricing methodology, governance and recommendations
- Reinsurance activities
- Work closely with Finance Business Partner, provide key analysis, insights and relevant commentary to financial trends in claims, premiums and loss ratios.
- Identify financial performance issues related to premiums and claims within and make recommendations and where relevant, implement corrective actions.
- Drive the regular cycle of annual pricing reviews for individual products and tailor made corporate quotations - both renewal and new business.
- For new product developments, provide pricing recommendations and input on the actuarial risk implications of any benefit designs.
- Involve in the setting of the annual operating plan with explicit co-ownership of key assumptions regarding medical inflation, claims projections and loss ratios.
- Ensure that all inward and outward reinsurance transactions are technical sound and optimally structured
- Own, (and develop where necessary) an actuarial control cycle in order to provide assurance to the group and management team that there is clear decision making over the insurance balance sheet
- Provide timely and correct inputs in respect of Actuarial Reporting to the Group. This includes prioritizing the response and resolution of any subsequent queries
- Build relationships with all relevant stakeholders across the Group
- Understand and interpret all Group policies and procedures relevant to Actuarial Teams, including keeping abreast of any changes
- Qualified actuary, with at least 7 to 10 years post qualification experience (or equivalent).
- Membership (at the highest category of membership level) of a professional actuarial body that is a full member of the International Actuarial Association.
- Continues to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements of their relevant professional body.
- Experienced professional with knowledge of the global health insurance market, or relevant transferable skills and knowledge from:
- Other insurance lines of business such as Life or General insurance.
- Working within large multinational or complex organizations.
- Working understanding of Solvency II requirements and deliveries.
- A track record of achieving and exceeding targeted business results/KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills are required with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships within the business at all levels.
- Demonstrated high calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness.
- Adaptable to business change and a fast paced environment with a growth agenda.
- A working knowledge of both pricing and reserving software respectively and experience in interpreting the output of such software.
- Experience of establishing governance frameworks across a complex business landscape.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional.
For more information please contact Jin Wong +852 2986 1947.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.