My client is an exciting technology firm providing new product offerings from within a single application. Currently in search for a development/people director to facilitate this by leading the applications teams in developments on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, routers etc.
We are now seeking for a DIRECTOR, APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT - MOBILE/DESKTOP.
- Build the foundations of each app into which other product units then contribute functionality
- Define code architecture, including guardrails to enable multiple teams to contribute safely.
- Configure and manage our build systems.
- Operate our test pipelines.
- Pick test frameworks and guide other teams on using them well.
- Build test-cases that span multiple product units, such as battery, performance, stability.
- Coordinate releases to customers, typically once every two weeks.
- Oversee open source licensing.
- Are accountable for:
- Quality: especially performance, stability, battery-life
- Velocity: ultimately measured by how quickly we can deliver value to customers
- Meeting SLAs for the build and CI systems
- Satisfaction of other engineers with their ability to contribute to each app
- Ensure that your department has clear, measurable and achievable OKRs aligned with business goals
- Set standards for engineering excellence for your teams; measure and hold the teams accountable
- Ensure all apps have excellent automated code coverage
- Ensure all apps provably meet a high security bar
- Ensure your teams have clear and efficient processes for their SDL which enables them to ship applications to customers every week
- Ensure you have mitigated operational and security risks and have a clear disaster recovery plan in place
- Ensure your teams' applications are future proof and that they adopt new technologies at the right pace and manage technical debt effectively
- Hire for your team and ensure it has the skills and capacity to meet the business's needs. Upon joining, you will take on line management responsibility for several people-managers and also some individual contributors for whom we haven't yet hired or promoted a manager. Successful hiring will be one of your most important deliverables.
- At least 3 years experience as a people manager, you've managed your direct reports' performance of 30 people or above
- holding your team accountable;
- leading skills development and career plans;
- providing continual feedback to your team members, motivating them and coaching them;
- defining hiring plans, leading interview loops and making hiring decisions.
- Solid experienced in AWS and Auto Testing is a MUST
- Experience developing and shipping multiple apps on at least two platforms using native frameworks and languages (Swift, Kotlin, C# WPF)
- Passion for writing well-architected, readable code and maintainable code
- Expert in writing automated tests and test plans
- Good understanding of how to develop code without security vulnerabilities
- Experienced at setting goals, tracking progress towards goals and managing large projects
- Experienced with project management software like Jira and processes like Scrum or Kanban
- Proven track record as a hiring manager
- Solid understanding of IP networking, including both low-level sockets programming and high-level application layer programming
- Experience in building consumer app would be an advantage
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.