We are currently seeking a Senior Finance Manager
- Financial reporting and analysis:
- Responsible for the issuance of regulatory and IFRS financial reports and manage monthly and annual account closing.
- Deliver half yearly and annual management report to support external disclosures
- Prepare or review account reconciliation eg bank reconciliations
- Analyze the financial statements and understand the drivers of business performances.
- Review and produce regulatory reports e.g. Insurance Authority quarterly long term business returns to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- manage the delivery of annual statutory account audit and work closing with the external auditor
- handle Group internal audit, review and ensure appropriate internal controls are in place so that our risks are appropriately managed.
- IFRS Project:
- be the Finance lead role and oversee IFRS9 and IFRS17 project implementation to ensure all finance and accounting considerations are fulfilled
- apply good understanding to the new standard requirements to assess the impact of financial reporting & management reporting
- work closely with IFRS project team as well as external vendor management
- Manage post IFRS project transition and ensure proper knowledge transfer to the wider team
- Tax: manage the annual tax filing and handle inquiries from with the Inland Revenue Department
- Review cash flow projection e.g. daily cash ins and outs to ensure daily monitoring cash position
- Identify and drive through changes in finance processes to improve controls and efficiency
- Manage a team of reporting staffs
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders both internally such as auditor and externally such as regulator.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and handle inquiries
- Qualified accountant
- Solid 10 or above years of experience in financial reporting and commentary analysis with managerial working experience in the life insurance industry.
- Insurance accounting knowledge is a must, preferably with fund accounting experience.
- Working experience of SUN account and Oracle is preferred.
- High level of analytical skills and financially astute with proven ability to identify and deliver opportunities for cost improvements
- Strong leadership capability
- Track record of driving key decisions through to successful conclusions
- Track record of creating and maintaining a robust control environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distil complex technical information into clear simple messages
- Proven ability to influence decision making across the business to ensure financial consequences are taken into account
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently, under pressures and demanding deadlines.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.