We are now seeking an Insurance System Analyst
- To provide a full range of information technology services required by the Company. Under the supervision of the Line Manager to
- Collaborate closely with business users, internal IT team and external third party vendors to perform the agreed customisation tasks for core policy administration system "Life/Asia" and the surrounding systems
- Maintain the task list to prioritise and schedule system enhancement, and required system changes
- Monitor performance of systems and maintain their high availability
- Provide system support for troubleshooting when incident breaks out
- Report regularly the progress status, issues and resolution and potential risks of system development related activities
- Support the system solution delivery projects that will ensure the Company achieves and maintains its business and operational efficiency
- Assist the Line Manager to deliver the following key functions
- Maintain the package based policy administration system and the surrounding systems to support the business operations and strategy.
- Work with external third party vendor to implement and maintain various IT solutions and projects for business operation
- Design, develop and Implement operating and business software to support business operations.
- Execute quality assurance procedure to ensure the system development or enhancement to perform properly according to user requirement, business specification and conform to security control standard.
- Follow the change management procedure to manage system change request and prioritise the enhancement tasks.
- Follow the corporate IT policy to maintain the "Life/Asia" system and the surrounding system solutions in secure operation manner.
- Gather, document and analyze user requirements for development and customisation of various systems projects with proper documentation according to the System Development Life Cycle.
- Organize, review and execute system testing and test plans for various systems projects.
- Support various kinds of user testing (where appropriate) for the system delivery according to the test strategy and test planning.
- Handle system incidents and troubleshoot system errors.
- Assist Manager to govern IT vendors.
- Provide consultancy, advice and education services to other staff members in the company to the best and most effective uses of IT and systems for their business purposes.
- University degree.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with at least 5 years experience in systems development, preferably using package with AS400, Microsoft SQL Database and Microsoft .Net development language, i.e. Visual C# and Java etc.
- At least 5 year working experience in life insurance field.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders, contractors and suppliers at all levels.
- Independent, flexible, enthusiastic and mobile.
- Proficiency in both written and oral English and Chinese. Spoken Mandarin is a preferred.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Analyst Programmer.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.