Be the INTERNAL LEGAL & COMPLIANCE REPRESENTATIVE in Hong Kong with particular responsibility for ensuring that procedures and practices are established and adopted throughout the business.
General legal advice
- Provide advice and guidance on questions of law and practice in relation to impacts upon the Company, compliance with local laws and the requirements of local regulators, local insurers and any other relevant stakeholders
- Conduct a professional legal practice and manage the sourcing of external legal providers according to expertise and cost management requirements
- Identify changes in legislation or regulatory environment and communicate on their impact
- Perform a variety of legal activities in accordance with the established standards of the Hong Kong Insurance Authority (HKIA), both policies and procedures, to ensure business development.
- Draft, review and amend partner contracts, ensuring compliance with local legislation and regulatory environment; including changes to wordings and policies.
- Review all Publication Review initiatives (websites/advertising materials) to ensure compliant wordings and adherence to local legislation/regulation.
- Provide management with a clear and succinct professional written and oral legal advice pertaining to any disputes or potential disputes regarding contract wordings and interpretations.
- Ensure that the contract management system contains all live contracts and amendments (as required)
- Develop the appropriate compliance programs to ensure compliance with local laws, requirements of local regulators and Allianz internal requirements
- Complete required compliance reviews and questionnaires within approved timeframes
- Identify, document and communicate compliance exposures in operational areas or departments.
- Integrate compliance obligations, compliance risk assessment and the compliance management process into business practices
Communication & Training
- Develop employee awareness of compliance related issues and require employees to meet training and competency requirements
- Co-ordinate and develop Compliance support and arrangements with other Compliance teams in the group
- Actively participate in the management and resolution of compliance related incidents and issues and, meet necessary deadlines for response and/or resolution
- Maintain and update the Compliance Breach Register of the Company.
- Submit the Compliance Reports to the CFO and other reports requested by Senior Management
General Corporate Secretary
- Develop and monitor processes and procedures for the submission of Directors' Resolutions and documents for signature by the CEO AWP HK & China (and other Directors as required)
- Facilitate and coordinate (in conjunction with local business units and Group General Secretary in Head Office) Directors' Resolutions and documents for signature by relevant Directors
- Review, summarise and advise on corporate documentation prior to their presentation to the Directors
- Ensure AWP HK meet their statutory and legal obligations under local laws in relation to Secretariat matters and the functioning of the Board, and the Board administration is effectively performed
- Support local business units in the preparation of Board resolutions and minutes as required from time to time, and liaise with Group General Secretary in Head Office
- Provide or procure advice to the Board as requested from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years experience in medium (to large) enterprise; or private practice.
- Law Degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Proven experience in the legal, risk and compliance area.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of reports, procedures, strategy and related documents
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and preparation of reports and/or commentary on findings.
- Intermediate level or greater competence in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to make decisions swiftly and put decisions into practical use.
- Interrogate a problem and develop processes that engage and educate staff
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure including the ability to achieve outcomes, prioritise work, meet deadlines, motivate staff, and retain personal motivation and tolerance.
- Approach, affable and confident.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business
- An intuitive thinker - able to adapt and tailor communications to appropriate audiences
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.