Our client is a UK design house with offices in Hong Kong, factories in China and Vietnam. To cope with their growth, they're looking for a Product Development Manager - Furniture to join their team due to business expansion.
We are now seeking a PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FURNITURE
- Build and maintain good working relationship with suppliers and all internal stakeholders
- Manage a portfolio of factories to ensure the delivery of consistent product quality as and when required, conduct in-line inspections, end of line at supplier/ factory locations
- Following approval in UK, conduct pre-production meetings with suppliers
- Review packaging, assembly instructions and care labels from suppliers
- Investigate with suppliers on any product issues, complaints, withdrawals, recalls, returns, ratings & reviews, etc
- Technical management of own product area
- Screen product briefs received from the UK and check for appropriate technical information
- Translate and communicate to suppliers where required
- Carry out an initial risk assessment of products (where applicable) to ensure safety, legality and quality
- Drive product engineering discussions with suppliers, including use of preferred component suppliers and management
- Pre-screen all development samples, ensuring company requirements are met before sending to HQ
- All sample stages - Provide any technical comments and suggestion for product improvement to HQ.
- Translate and communicate to suppliers, any technical comments from HQ
- Bachelor Degree Holder in disciplines
- At least 10 years of experience in product development / product engineering in furniture categories
- Great communication skills in English, Chinese are essential
- Excellent in excel skills including Pivot Table and V-Lookup
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional
For more information please contact Christina Chen +852 2986 1976
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.