We are now seeking for a PRODUCT TECHNICIAN - FOOTWEAR & ACCESSORIES
As a Product Technologist, you will be accountable for the technical management of footwear and accessories products, taking responsibility for delivering own label products to the agreed technical standard for safety, legality and quality.
- Technical management of own product area
- Build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and all internal stakeholders
- Ensure technical processes, policies and requirements are communicated and understood by the supply base
- Screen product briefs received from the UK and check for appropriate technical information. Translate and communicate to suppliers where required
- Carry out initial risk assessment of products (where applicable) to ensure safety, legality and quality. Drive product engineering discussions with suppliers, including use of preferred component suppliers and management
- Pre-screen all development samples (from concept samples to red seals), ensuring JL and Waitrose requirements are met before sending in to UK teams
- All sample stages - Provide any technical commentary/ suggestion for product improvements to UK teams. Translate and communicate to suppliers, any technical comments from UK team.
- Following red seal approval in UK, conduct pre-production meetings with supplier
- Ability to read and approve product test certificates and upload onto appropriate database in the absence of the Fabric Technologist e.g. SGS database
- Check specifications are completed accurately on wrspec (for Waitrose) with all required attachments
- As and when required, conduct in-line inspections, end of line and AQL at supplier/ factory locations.
- Approve gold seal samples
- Approve final AQL inspection reports and give approval to ship bulk
- Strong technical experience in a relevant industry (typically 4 years + or equivalent)
- Retail, manufacturing and product development experience
- Experience in the total product life cycle
- Experience in sustainability
- Understanding of footwear consutruction
- Familiar with UK quality standard is an advantage
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitiment Solution Professional
For more information please contact Jerry Li +852 2986 1958
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notifies. All information will be treated in strict confiedence and solely used for recruitment purposes.