Our cllients are buying offices looking for talented candidates to join their team. As a Product Technologist, you will be accountable for the technical management of the products, taking responsibility for delivering own label products to the agreed technical standard for safety, legality and quality.
You will work to achieve defined targets, supporting the delivery of commercial goals whilst ensuring compliance to brand policies. You will also manage a portfolio of factories to ensure the delivery of consistent product quality.
We are now seeking for a PRODUCT TECHNOLOGIST / GARMENT TECHNICIAN
- Technical management of own product area
- Build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and all internal stakeholders
- Ensure John Lewis and Waitrose technical processes, policies and requirements are communicated and understood by the supply base
- Screen product briefs received from the head office and check for appropriate technical information. Translate and communicate to suppliers where required
- Carry out initial risk assessment of products (where applicable) to ensure safety, legality and quality. Drive product engineering discussions with suppliers, including use of preferred component suppliers and management
- Pre-screen all development samples (from concept samples to red seals), ensuring requirements are met before sending in to head office.
- All sample stages - Provide any technical commentary/ suggestion for product improvements to head office teams. Translate and communicate to suppliers, any technical comments from head office.
- Following red seal approval in head office, conduct pre-production meetings with supplier
- Ability to read and approve product test certificates and upload onto appropriate database in the absence of the Fabric Technologist e.g. SGS database
- Check specifications are completed accurately on specifications with all required attachments
- As and when required, conduct in-line inspections, end of line and AQL at supplier/ factory locations.
- Approve gold seal samples
- Approve final AQL inspection reports and give approval to ship bulk
- Investigate with supplier any product issues, complaints, withdrawals, recalls, returns, ratings & reviews, PQI etc.
- +5 years technical experience in knitwear / womenswear / menswear / kidswear/ nursery products
- Knowledge of factory quality and production systems
- Knowledge of pattern cutting, garment construction and fabric testing
- Strong communication skills including a Good level of spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- IT literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Applications)
- Existing contacts within the region
- A relevant degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Management of critical paths
- Retail, manufacturing and product development experience
- Experience of Branded and Own-brand products
- Experience in the total product life cycle
- Experience in sustainability
- Understanding of fabric properties, fabric qualities, finish and washes
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Interested candidate please CLICK apply button to apply online or send your resume in MS word format to Hillman Ross Recruitment Solution Professional.
Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be notified. All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment purposes.